How to Import AOL Messages and Contacts into Gmail
You can simply put a Gmail plug-in into AOL Mail to preview your Gmail inbox in AOL Mail. Also, you can switch from AOL Mail to Gmail and take your messages, folders, and contacts with you. You can copy all your archived and inbox messages into Gmail from AOL Mail and migrate your address book too. You can do this on your own without having to contact AOL tech support number or any AOL helpline number.
To import all your mail from AOL Mail into Gmail and your address book too:
- First, copy all messages to import to the AOL Mail Saved Mail or another custom folder from your AOL Mail Recently Deleted, Sent and Spam folders.
- Click the Settings tab in Gmail.
- Select Settings, and select the Accounts and Import tab.
- Click Import mail and contacts.
- Click Import from another address if you have already imported mail previously.
- Enter your AOL email address under what account do you want to import from? And your AOL Mail password under Enter the password. Then click Continue.
- Check the option for Import contacts and Import mail.
- Checking Import new mail for next 30 days will automatically copy the messages you receive in your AOL account to your Gmail account for a month.
- Optionally, you could check Add label to all imported mail.
- This label keeps all imported AOL Mail emails in one place. You can always remove the label from individual emails or delete it altogether. It does not label Imported contacts.
- Imported emails from AOL Mail folders other than New Mail and Old Mail will automatically be labelled under the folder name. For instance, all imported emails from your AOL “Friends” folder will get the “Friends” label.
- Emails in your Drafts, Recently Deleted and Spam folders cannot be imported.
- After messages and contacts have been imported into Gmail, they shall still be available in your AOL Mail.
- Click Start import and then OK.
- This will settle your task to import all AOL contacts and messages to Gmail without having the hassle to contact AOL customer care number.